Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Swearing Adventures

                    Nathan's growing vocabulary has been fantastic but for the fact that he has of course learned some swear words. While I am no saint when it comes to swearing I actually know that  all but one of these words are from a friend and a coworker that come through the house. Still I have had to do some creative scrambling to change these words to something more acceptable. For instance, (I hate that he knows this word) the f word. We have now morphed that into fog. So should he ever use it, which he hasnt in awhile, he is corrected to fog and we then discuss a number of weather components. Recently, and Jason and I dont know where this came from because its so specific and neither of us have said it, at bedtime Nathan will lay in bed and point at the wall where his stuffed animal storage net is and tell us about the 'crap'. It has something to do with the wall because if you ask him 'whats this' in regards to the net he says its a net with baby animals. So I had to change that to crack so he can now tell me his wall has cracks all over it. If anything it creates some entertaining new stories that he can tell me but I sincerely hope he loses interest in these words and doesnt learn anymore before preschool starts in the fall lol. Dave Im talking to you!

1 comments:

The Edwardsesesesss said...

oh my god I read this out loud to mac and we are CRACKING up. I am so going to talk to home all about fog and cracks when we come visit

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker