Friday, August 17, 2012

Jetty Island



 Today we trekked out to Jetty Island in Everett for the first time. This week/weekend is the hottest week of the summer they are saying so I figured it would be a good day to get some tanning done :) It was a bit more of an ordeal then I realized as Everett residents or parties of 8 or more can reserve a space on the little ferry that takes you across, so in the end we had to hang out in the standby line for an hour or so. The kids were so patient thank god :)

When we got to the island the return ferries for the early afternoon were all taken so we could either be stuck there until 8 at night or grab a return ferry just an hour and a half after arriving lol. So not as long of an afternoon as I was going for but the scenery was beautiful and the beach space for the amount of people that were there was really nice. Lots of clamming going on and the 5 minute walk out the swimming area took you through some great sand castle building area.

Overall I recommend it if youre in the area however I wouldnt go through the trouble unless the weather is awesome and you are ok with spending the entire day there.


http://www.ci.everett.wa.us/default.aspx?ID=2055




its hard to make out because of how bright it was but there is Mt Hood in the background












0 comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker