So she has been stuck in the seperation anxiety phase for several weeks and every night that I go to work, it's to the music of screaming and shaking and generally 'how could you leave me?!' cries. She of course stops 30 seconds after I'm out the door but she doesnt want me to know that ;) Back to yesterday, the kids were little beasts all day. I think it was the weather or maybe some weird phase of the moon perhaps? But by the end of it I was soooo looking forward to going to a job that was quiet with lovely music and air conditioning and no children! As Im throwing my purse over my shoulder and preparing for the evening waterworks and theatrics Ally looks at me and give me this amazing picture perfect smile and waves a shy goodbye at me. She comes over like Nathan did to give me a hug and snuggle and then watched out the window as I drove off. Of all the days to finally decide that its ok if mommy goes to work, she picks the one that I had to apparently earn that through a few hours of crazy kids. :-) It's always amazing to me though how you could have been working on something with them for ages, whether its saying a word, trying a food, potty training whatever, that they can just decide overnight that well ok Im ready to do it now. And poof, they are doing it like they've done it for years.
the new paperback of the night circus
-
*The Night Circus* turns 15 this year, somehow, and even though I question
the math involved and the nature of Time I am delighted that Vintage has
give...
1 month ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment