Well I am going to blink and my summer will be gone. This is probably the busiest time we've had in a few years. Nathan now has weekly speech and also occupational therapy...we have a fantastic Monday play group that we go to each week for the summer... my lovely friend Laura and her family are in town for 10 days, my former coworker who lives in Spokane is headed over to this side of the mountain and we'll be visiting with her too...Marcy is in town to see her beautiful grandkiddos..My PEPS group starts every week for 8 weeks...Mr and Mrs Banks are stopping by from Reno... Jason and Nathan will fly down to Texas for the wedding...Tim will then head up here in turn for his honeymoon and we'll meet with them while they are here....preschool starts after that...misc wellness checks and Nathans first dentist appointment....Not to mention Jason gets to have his birthday and our 6th anniversary in there somewhere! And when all of that is said and done...Alia will be getting ready to turn six months old! I think that is insane.
Secretly I have to say I am relieved. Little Ally is a fantastic baby and really low key compared to some of the things Nathan went through but I like it when they are older and can do more so time going by quickly can be a good thing. And Im really excited for Nathan to go to preschool. The only wild card with that is if the usual bonus comes through from work this year, we will put part of it towards renting a newer possibly bigger house. I am really hoping we can find one nearby because I dont want to commute up here for his preschool. Seattle area is so expensive it is heartbreaking.
I dont remember if I posted this already but for Father's Day I made Jason another blurb.com book. If you havent tried it, you really have to. Its such a great site. You can download your blog to the free software they give you and make it into a keepsake book, or you can do what I do and take pictures and write your own story, or a plethera of other things. Its just alot of fun :-) This year's book was Daddy will you still love me when.... and the pictures were of the kids doing things that Jason would have to deal with when they were older (ie: Nathan sitting next to a champagne bottle cracking up, Alia with a college grad cap on that he would be picking up the tuition tab on lol)
Quick snippets of other silly stuff going on.. Nathan is enjoying Bob the Builder currently. I was surprised to find out that the voice of Bob is a comedian that appeared on a tv show I used to watch Whose Line Is It Anyways. This random trivia just struck me as weird when I figured it out. But anyways, Nathan has learned the Bob song and sings it all day long. Jason taught Nathan the BINGO song, Nathan's current stuffed animal favorite is his beanie baby kitty. Kitty gets blamed for alot of things. I had to drive somewhere recently with Nathan and from the back seat I hear Nathan yelling at kitty for pulling his foot. Kitty is also his surrogate baby. When I change Alia's diaper, Nathan runs in and steals a diaper for kitty too. Kitty gets burped, and recently...somewhat controversially, kitty was breastfed lol!!! Im trying to catch videos of Nathan's new singing to post. He seems to love to do the most singing after we have put him to bed so I often sit in the living room with the video monitor and my camera trying to catch his songs on video :-)
I think that is about it right now. We got to have a nice dinner and a movie out recently at the Gold Class Cinema, courtesy of the lovely Andra and then yesterday I got to go out with my friends for food and wine and I have to say Im starting to feel a little more human now that some of the adult socializing is coming back into the picture!
the new paperback of the night circus
-
*The Night Circus* turns 15 this year, somehow, and even though I question
the math involved and the nature of Time I am delighted that Vintage has
give...
1 month ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment