I am knocking on wood when I say this but it appears that the current growth spurt has passed and Ally is now sleeping again! It may not sound like much but its amazing how much of a difference and extra hour or two of sleep can make. We are discovering though that Alia is getting really gassy and spitty from the formula we are supplementing with and so now we are experimenting with soy based and other milk free products which seem to be helping her out alot.
Nathan still isnt sure what to do with her but he is being helpful with diapers and rocking the bouncy seat when she fusses etc. He is still getting used to the amount of times she wakes during the night and he is now waking up when she cries in the early morning. This is a bit of an issue since he often does not go back to sleep after waking at 4am. Grrr. Bedtime and naptime is still a work in progress but at the moment its working fine since Jason is home. We can divide and conquer... I still havent really done any 'normal' outings with both kids other then doctor's appts. The c section scar is still sore enough to make it a problem if I have to carry both kids at the same time when its time to leave the park or something. Nathan has meltdowns occasionally and sometimes its just easier to throw him over a shoulder and haul him off to the car so I will need to wait until I know my poor belly can deal with it.
On a funny note, Nathan has started turning life into a big storybook. Im trying hard to catch this on video but its difficult since he is doing it with normal conversation. When he is talking to you he will add things like 'said mommy' or 'grandma said' alot. So he will run up to you and yell Its Mommy!!! ...... said Grandma. or Dont drop it! .... said Daddy. Its totally random and very funny. Hopefully I can get a video of it soon
0 comments:
Post a Comment