Well we made it through the move and have settled into the new house. I am still decorating and have sneakily stuck things in the garage that I dont feel like unpacking yet lol. If I dont feel the need to unpack it, Im sure I can get rid of it! The kids are happy here and poor Ali is no longer asking to 'go home' to the other house. We are just waiting at this point to see if and what our return deposit is. They legally have only 14 days after we are out to take care of that and they missed their deadline so we can take them to small claims and get all the money back if we want to put the work into. Stay tuned...
What else have you missed? Nathan's school had a dance marathon which was pretty frickin cute. I dare you not to boogie down with them. I know I was ready to just hang around for the next group of kids so I could keep dancing lol.
Have I mentioned lately that I cannot wait to get these braces off?!
Nathan has also joined cub scouts. Seems a bit helter scelter at the moment though because they couldnt get someone to be troop leader so its rotating parents and fairly unorganized. We shall see how that works out. He is super excited to earn badges though!
Ali's pal Betty Kate had her Halloween themed half birthday that was adoreable. I love that Ali has a little crew of mini divas :) They had a lot of fun and it kicked off the start of the Halloween events.
Baseball came to a close for the season. We had alot of fun and look forward to finding another baseball class a bit closer to home and with the actual little league :)
Moving on to the month of October which is already almost done with....
I finally had an opportunity to join the kids and Jason at Museum of flight for one of their excursions.
My mom and dad came down for the day to watch the kids play baseball and then we all headed over to Salmon Days. I cant remember if I have ever been to it or not but this was definitely a good year to go since it was sunny! I really couldnt tell you much about the fair itself because Ali and I got stuck in a horrible line to get our faces painted and missed out on most of it. Nathan loved watching the dock dogs and Ali managed to squeeze in a pony ride at the beginning of it all.
It was her first time getting her face painted and what we didnt realize was that there were two booths, one for regular painting which would have been super quick, and one for a more theatrical paint in which the painter lost her second person and the line was an hour long. So you better believe I got my face painted too!
We followed that up by stopping at Costco with our strangely painted faces to buy a Vitamix.
I dont have too many pictures of Ali at pre school but she is loving it. I am wishing it was more days each week since she has so much fun but all in good time.
I am the room science docent for Nathan's class at school so I run over there for a couple hours a week to make balloon rockets and paper napkin parachutes. The kids are warming up to me and I laugh my way through most of the sessions.
In this picture they had plastic syringes that they could hook up with a partner's syringe. It didnt take them long to discover that if they hooked the plunger on loosely that they could shoot it around the room at each other :)
And last but not least... miniature golf night! It was some sort of fund raiser for the 5th grade camp at Nathan's school and all the families had to make their own golfing station. Everyone had some great ideas and it was very cute. We made a Star Wars themed station.
The school Halloween parties, farm field trips, parade, trunk or treat, trick or treat, Microsoft Halloween, my friend's haunted house, pumpkin carving, and Halloween themed ballet class will be in the next post whenever I get around to it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment