Tuesday, September 22, 2009







I have been trying so hard to get in here and update the blog with pictures. It will be done this weekend I promise :) Nathan is headed up to my parents place for a long weekend so I will have ample free time with Ally to get some things done. So lets see, what is new and fantastic? Nathan started preschool at St Johns. He is loving it and Im so glad. I had a cute moment with him today. I was loading the kids into the car and one of the other moms was parked in front of us and walked by saying to have a great afternoon. Nathan called bye! to them and all of a sudden I hear her son calling bye Nathan and then Nathan called back bye Nicholas! So for me it was a little tear in the eye moment because while Nathan is very social, he doesnt have alot of friends his age and he often is shy when he is playing and doesnt do back and forth conversation with them so I could see that school is probably going to be really fantastic in that respect. His occupational and speech therapy is still going well and the speech therapist has incorporated a snack time to try to help me get him to eat some different foods. He has already tried a grape for her which was shocking.

Ally has discovered her voice and she uses it all day at top volume! She is very close to sitting on her own unassisted and not a second too soon since her 6 month photo shoot is in a couple of weeks :) I started her on solids early and we are just taking it slow and following her lead. So far she seems to like sweet potatoes the most and also enjoys gumming a banana to death so long as I hold it for her. She is happier sucking on the spoon then taking an actual bite with it which I think is more from starting her early, but everything is digesting well and no crazy allergies popping up :) She learned how to blow bubbles and that went on for about 4 days. By the end of that stretch I was covered in spit. Now she is happy sitting on something that puts her at face level and poking at my eyes, pulling hair, or sticking fingers up my nose. Isnt it great to be a mom?

Other then the fact that we have alot of really annoying appointments M-Th that makes relaxing and being home and out of carseats difficult, the kids and I have a nice little schedule going. I look forward to the holidays which came way to fast by the way! Nathan is going to be a chef and Im trying to find a food related costume for Ally so they can do the theme together. Then for Christmas we are flying down to Texas to be with family and we're all very excited for that. My Christmas mission this year though is to find an 'elf on the shelf' for Nathan. Check back soon to see pictures. I think I am a month behind and seriously behind on the videos! Ally is soo huge and changes so much every week that I want everyone to be able to see the changes. She is such a sweetie and looks more and more like Nathan everyday. I had successfully gotten her into the crib for more then half the night and then she caught a cold and that went right out the window so I will have to see how long it takes to get her back onto her normal routine. :)

0 comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker