Tuesday, October 6, 2009

We have had an amazing few weeks here. The best news ever is that Nathan is almost potty trained. We are never home for the first half of the day so potty training has been tricky but Ive devoted the afternoons to it and then Jason got in on the action while I was at work on the weekends and poof! Nathan is doing so well! I always hear from moms with boys that 3 1/2 is a common age for boys to potty train, which is Nathan's age. I wonder if there is a magic switch in their head that goes off lol. I was starting to lose hope :) We arent completely there yet but Im fairly close to being comfortable taking him on errands in undies so I think that is fantastic progress! He continues to improve leaps and bounds in occupational therapy. He seems to be quite a bit more friendly with Marvin the dog that he visits on Tuesdays and came of his appointment today walking him with the leash. Preschool is going really well too! He comes home singing songs and reciting his classmates names and Im slowly getting to know some of the moms. Ally is of course still growing like a weed. For some reason this time around I kept doing the age by weeks instead of by months and so she started solids a bit earlier then I had meant to. Either way she is loving it and has had sweet peas, sweet potatos, avocado, banana, mango, and prunes. Her sleep habits ebb and flow and it seems to be mostly teething related. She is still mommy's number one fan and I can only get her to sleep in the crib until around 2am and then its game over. I think when the teething takes a little break we might make some progress. I dont know yet but Im wondering if she is getting more then one tooth at once here. Nathan started teething around 4 months and didnt get a tooth until December and it was only one. She is having a much more miserable time so either she is a drama queen ;) or there lots of little teeth trying to poke through. Her next wellness check is the end of the month so I should have Halloween related pictures/pre-k Halloween/school field trip and welness check stats soon

0 comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker