I figure if I at least keep the blog updated then people cant get mad at me when I go missing for the next few weeks.
So we made the jump to move on to a different rental. This year we paid pretty much everything we wanted to pay off and had to make a choice as to whether or not we wanted to suffer through our current rental for another couple of years or move somewhere else that cost more while we put together a house down payment. The people that live in the back mother in law apartment are nice enough but we are so tired of sharing a driveway and a wall. She has barking dogs and now a boyfriend that likes to blare his music when we are trying to get Ali to sleep. People often block our parking spots and the house itself has a ton of things that need fixing. So after a few weeks of looking around on craigslist and having some interesting experiences (seriously they shouldnt be allowed to take your money for a rental house application if several people have already applied and you obviously arent going to get the house.)
Anyways, I found a house up the road from us and told Jason that if it didnt work out then I was done looking and he agreed because he was already burnt out at looking at houses.
The house itself is dated but the landlords loved it and the inside is nice. There is a fenced yard which we have not had the pleasure of having before for our poor kiddos. There is an apple tree and a cherry tree in front. There are two additional rooms on the bottom floor that we can use as an office and a toy room so the kids wont have all kinds of crazy crammed into their bedrooms. There are three bathrooms and a nice garage. The landlords are really nice and it seemed to be fate as they now reside in Dallas where all of our family is so we had alot to talk about. They seemed to feel the same way about us because she told me this morning she felt like they found the perfect family. So we signed the papers this morning and will start moving in this weekend. Poor Jason. I shouldve scheduled his massage after the move :)
Is it our dream house? No. But we will be quite happy there while we save for a house down payment. Now if I can only resist the urge to get new furniture ;)
the new paperback of the night circus
-
*The Night Circus* turns 15 this year, somehow, and even though I question
the math involved and the nature of Time I am delighted that Vintage has
give...
1 month ago






1 comments:
That looks great!!!!!! can't wait to visit!
Post a Comment