I was talking with a client about the Seattle area tulip festival that goes on in April every year and she commented that the daffodils were in bloom there at the moment. So on a very last minute decision, I threw the kids in the car and drove a little over an hour up to Mount Vernon to see the flowers. I was really glad we went because the weather ended up being really nice (they have predicted rain for most of the month and the sun keeps coming out instead). We went over to Roozenguaard Farm where they have a really nice little display of daffodils and early blooming tulips and took some pictures. We ate at a little bakery/cafe in town called the Calico Cupboard and I highly recommend it http://www.calicocupboardcafe.com/ The bread was awesome! We will most likely go back up sometime in the next few weeks when all of the tulips are in full bloom. These fields that were out were beautiful!
the new paperback of the night circus
-
*The Night Circus* turns 15 this year, somehow, and even though I question
the math involved and the nature of Time I am delighted that Vintage has
give...
1 month ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment