Monday, August 17, 2009


I have to say, it cracks me up that with Nathan I noticed every little new thing he did and with Ally I just looked at her this evening and in passing thought wow she has been using her head to look up above her for awhile now. Wonder when she started doing that. lol! With Nathan I loved getting shirts that said Little Guy or something like that on them. With Ally everything seems to be getting personalized with her name on it now. I swear she was born with her coat on and with Nathan, my life and schedule was built around all of his naps. Nathan was happily in a crib by 3 or 4 months of age and Ally is soooo happy to be in bed next to mommy and will stand for nothing less.
Well Jason and Nathan did a highly successful trip to Texas this past weekend. I was so scared about Nathan and his reaction to flying and we honestly did have a mishap on the flight going down but once they got through take off everything went great and he was a superstar on the way home too. I was so proud. It also took some stress off of the pending trip to Texas for Christmas as now we know we can fly without dilemna.

Ally is turning into quite a little busy body and has recently started working on her roll.  Half the time you cant tell if its by accident or intentional but it still counts in  my book either way :) She is also getting into manipulating objects (and people) around her which is fun. Currently her favorite is a stuffed hippo with a mirrored belly and rattle attachment. She is dribbling up a storm and I have to wonder how quickly she will get her first teeth. She sleeps from 10-3 wherever she falls but not a second before then. If its 9:30 and she falls asleep some internal baby alarm I dont know about goes off and she screams. I was laughing recently because I remembered when Nathan was a baby, a friend told me someone she knew had just had a baby and of course my first question was a sympathetic 'Hows she sleeping?' She commented that it hadnt been too bad for them actually because they normally stayed up until midnight and got up around 5 or so for work so they hadnt really lost any sleep. I just remember being shocked because Ive always been a person who needed alot of sleep to get by. But now I laugh at myself because I have started staying up later and later with Ally so that I can get house cleaning done without issue and then have an hour or so for myself before bedtime. It just makes me laugh how different both kids and pregnancies and parenting tactics have been for me.

Nathan's speech and occupational therapy continue to go really well. His sentences are getting better and better in structure and clarity and its pretty hillarious to finally see what's been going on in that ham of a head of his :-) With all of that going so well I am now pursuing nutrition with him. He is still a terribly picky eater and I worry about him not getting proper nutrition. His idea of a veggie is baby carrots and the only fruit he will have is a banana or apple juice. I find it hard to believe that he could get all his body needs from fish sticks and chicken nuggets :) So anyways, Childrens Hospital is willing to assist since he has the sensory disorder so it has opened a door to a place we wouldnt normally be able to go to for nutritional consults and thats great. We are also looking forward to preschool coming up soon. Open house is in a couple of weeks I think. Nathan will adore that and I will be able to spend some extra time with Ally or possibly (!) taking a short nap lol.

0 comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker