Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Toy Outwits Mama


I'm sure this story is the product of either a very tired brain or a large moment of stupidity but its worth sharing...
Nathan got a Busy Ball Popper from Kristin, Mac, and Jeremy for his birthday and he was scared to death of it for the longest time. Well recently he decided it was his favorite toy and played with it nonstop. Until a few days ago when it stopped working. A little frustrating since he hadnt played with it for that long and Jason and I couldnt really see any reason why it would stop working.
So I contacted all places that might possible help us with an exchange to no avail. Finally, seeing how much he was missing it, I posted on Freecycle to see if maybe another family had one that still worked that they wouldnt mind parting with. Someone emailed me this evening and I drove out to pick it up.


Once home we put new batteries in but it wasnt working. So after a few minutes of messing with it, I noticed it was an older model and had an on/off switch in the back towards the bottom. Low and behold... so did the one we already had..... Nathan must have knocked it down at some point and it flipped the switch to off and that is why it wasnt working. He is now happily playing with both of them at the same time and so there are about 8 plastic balls flying in the air all over the living room. The kitten is having a field day also


Im glad he is having fun but needless to say... I felt like a big dork...

2 comments:

The Edwardsesesesss said...

that is ao awesome! now you have two and it didnt cost you anything!!!
whats better than a ball popper? two ball poppers!!!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh this is my least favourite toy that keira owns... and she puts not only the balls back in there but cars, blocks... my cell phone LOL and the noise!!!! very obnoxious like a casino in your own home

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker