Friday, June 30, 2006

The first few weeks were interesting. Some things I remember and also that I wrote down in the journal were:

You spend your sleeping time either on us or in a stroller. After getting the foam wedges we were able to move you to your crib.

You screamed bloody murder in the car unless I let you suck on my finger. I eventually discovered the binky shaped like a fingers and put an end to that :) You like to roar and say 'Gee.' We have a running joke that you like blame everything on Gee.




I finally got a picture of your smile!

You had your first set of shots. Grandma Marcy visited, as well as several other friends and my mom and dad.
Your hemangioma first popped up. We thought you'd fallen somehow and it was a crazy bruise. (6 years later you cant tell it was ever there at all) although at the time we were told all sorts of things by doctors. Some said they were nothing to worry about and they disapear as the child grows and others said you would need surgery.

You are very attentive to story telling. I have to be careful because it wakes you up rather then calms you down if I read to you at bedtime. You've finally warmed up to the sound of the running shower and all of your musical toys. You have a velcro musical star that goes everywhere with you. Grandma taught you how to stick out your tongue. You spend most of your free time practicing ;)

You love your dino!


We upgraded to a slightly larger vehicle..

My first Mothers Day came and went...

Grandma and Pepe saved our lives and started taking wee Nathan for overnights early on so we could recover from the first few weeks of absolutely zero sleep.















I tried out some different carriers (peanut shell, wrap) and happily settled with the Ergo when Nathan was big enough.












0 comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker