Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

I forget how much I hate the traffic of leaving 4th of July events lol. So we had a relaxing day with beautiful weather (finally!) and BBQ'd. In the evening we headed down to the waterfront to wait for the fireworks. I had  an interesting moment when I discovered a little girl around Nathan's age that was lost and had no idea where her parents were. I got her to a policeman but had a really hard time leaving her without seeing her reunited with her Dad! Poor kid.

The fireworks were good but the best part was that we could see several of the major fireworks shows from where we were sitting, including Bill Gates's place. I think we need to try for the Gasworks show next time because it looked killer. Anyhoo, the cops directing traffic were rediculous so we didnt get home until midnight but the kids did awesome staying up late and Nathan really loved the fireworks courtesy of my ear plugs (which we thought made him look like a mini shrek)

0 comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker