Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Mass Update

So since I am a dork and have been wanting to come in and update the blog in individual posts but realized I havent posted anything since February, for the sake of my sanity this is the mass update of all that is and has been cool in our world for the last few months.

Mr. Nathan joined a soccer class and is having fun with that. I worked it out so Ali stays home with Mel and I can have a date with my little man and not have to worry about chasing Ali up and down the hallway for 45 minutes :) Let me tell you how amazingly fun that is. I may even post a video of it.



I am absolutely in love with my new camera and have caught a few moments with it that I am in love with.

I now stalk my children even worse then before I had the Nikon...

We did our annual trip to see the UDUB cherry blossoms but the weather was pretty lousy this year so not too many great pictures.



Then we took Jason for the first time to the Tulip Festival and the weather was lovely so we got some very cute pictures.








We did our first 'road trip' as a family up to Portland. Sadly Jason and I have lived in Washington forever and have never been to Portland so we used this trip to kind of figure out what we should do there for future visits. We went to the Childrens museum and science center, OMSI and took the historical highway next to about 6 amazing waterfalls. The weather was sketchy so we didnt get to check out the zoo or gardens but we did a bit of a drive through in the pearl district for shopping excursions down the road. Jason and I are going back by train for our anniversary this July and are going to check out some other fun things without the kids.




Then the kiddos had their birthdays. This year we did a joint birthday party at California Pizza Kitchen which I was pretty happy with. It was our first party that had friends as well as people from Nathan's old and new preschool. Thank god for Mel. She ran around taking pictures for me :)

 On the individual birthdays I made Nathan a crazy looking Lightning McQueen cake and Jason and Nathan baked a chocolate cake for Ali.


As far as their stats Nathan hasnt had to go in for a wellness check as of yet but he needs two vaccine boosters before school starts in the fall and he is good to go. And of course, he is still growing like a weed. The growth charts has him at almost 4 feet. Maybe he can carry Ali for me soon ;) He continues to do well with the home therapy he receives. His teachers at school say he is right on par with everyone else his age and mainly the only autistic related things he may need to work on more is social skills. I still cant believe he starts kindergarden in the fall!


Ali turned two on Easter (we did the Redmond Eggstravaganza egg hunt. I will include the video Ali made it into) this year and the only thing that went wrong was that she caught a cold Nathan had a few days prior and was in a mood all day. She is super cute and huge and has a larger then life personality. She is also very bossy lol. The doc said that even though she can see Ali knows alot of words, she is not being very forthcoming with them and so she is being sent to have some speech therapy. Almost immediately after that appointment Ali started talking alot more so Im thinking she is just being a stinker about it. She has been potty training and doing really well at it. She goes whenever I sit her on the potty and if I leave it up to her to tell me she is at the point where she  runs over grabbing her diaper right after going. So I think we are pretty close. I can tell she'll be all done waaaaaay before I even started with Nathan. The difference between girls and boys in childhood is just shocking to me sometimes. If Im not on the ball with Ali she will go get one of her beach buckets and pee in it. Or recently on a day trip up to my mom and dad's she wanted to sit on the toilet when we had to stop at Shari's so Nathan could go. We were running late and so I said hey Im gonna change your diaper in a bit and we need to go now and so she pulled her pants and diaper down and promptly stood there peeing all over her jeans. Yep she certainly showed me! Good times :-)





I hope to have some adoreable pictures today of the kids and my friend Andrea's adoreable new 2 pound puppy. Soooo cute! And of course the lovely La and her kiddos are coming up in June when I hope to god we have some better weather!

And last but not least, Jason is on a business trip this week and he was able to use a short layover at DFW to meet my sister in law's super hero baby Gideon.

1 comments:

The Edwardsesesesss said...

Well now I feel all caught up. Great post!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker