April 15, 2006 at 6:32am in University of Washington Medical Center, Nathan Timothy Adams was born.
He was 21 inches, weighed in at 7 pounds 5 ounces
We saw Dr Desano, who was a resident doctor, with a clinic near UDUB. The pregnancy was uneventful for the most part. Neko (the cat) spent alot of time laying next to my belly. She seemed to know someone was in there although it was pretty funny when you'd kick her. You were destined to be a big boy but decided to come early so I escaped getting stretch marks. Thank you for that! Jason was in Texas for his job when I started showing signs of going into labor so he caught an early flight back home. The hospital had been fighting with me about my blood pressure which of course made my blood pressure even higher and made me come into labor and delivery to be monitored overnight.
After spending the afternoon being attached on and off to the blood pressure machine and the residents trying to convince me to do an amnio so they could just go ahead and do the c -section, I was sent off to sleep for the night in a bed used for labor. I spent most of the night with my legs bent and clenched to hold the bed together lol. The nurse finally noticed, as I at the time assumed it was how the bed was supposed to be, and changed it. My water broke around 5am and my darling little man was born at 6:32.
I remember being upset with the anesthesiologist, who was also a resident, and couldnt find the right spot for the needle in my back. As if I wasnt already in pain from back labor but I had this little asian girl stabbing my back over and over again with a needle. One thing I wish I didnt remember but unfortunately will always, is not numbing correctly and feeling them start to cut me open. I asked them to put me out and that was the last thing I remember. They kicked Jason out as soon as the c-section started. He made sure to take this picture of his hospital garb. :)
When I woke up, there you were! My mom and dad came of course, and my friend Laura also visited. Its so funny looking back on the experience as a first time mom and now as someone who has been through it twice. It was so tramatic at the time and now its silly what I got upset about :) After 3 sleepless days in the hospital we went home to figure out how to be parents. Breastfeeding ended up not working out very well. I didnt produce enough milk and did not know it. I had a great support system to help get the supply going but it just never happened. So this issue, combined with you having reflux that we didnt know yet, left us with zero sleep for weeks and weeks. You would wake every 45 minutes hungry and I could never lay you flat because anything in your tummy would come up in your throat and burn. You lost 12% of your inital body weight and had not so pleasant jaundice.
Fortunately we did eventually figure it all out and supplemented with formula, got some awesome foam wedges from Seattle Childrens Hospital to keep you upright and you were happy as a clam. You started eating and wore more on your face and clothes then you put in your belly, but put all the weight back on.



.jpg)

0 comments:
Post a Comment